Dr. Martin E. Looser
I grew up in the Gossau region and completed all my studies (including doctorate) in the canton of St. Gallen, so I am very well versed with local conditions and mentalities and have a large network of connections.
In addition to my great passion for challenging legal issues, I also do my voluntary work with commitment and pride as President of the Home Owners' Association, in politics and as a lieutenant colonel in the Swiss Federal Army. As an analytic thinker and being disciplined as well as an efficient person with creative solutions, it gives me great pleasure to be busy in this broad spectrum and to work vehemently on my clients' interests. My approach is always to get the best for of my clients.
In my private life, I find my challenges on the ski slope or on the golfing green. As counterbalance, time with my wife and son is of particular importance to me. I enjoy travelling with them and going on exciting trips. Privately, I like things a little more comfortable, for example, having interesting conversations with great friends.
Partner / co-owner and lawyer / notary public
Lecturer in Tax Law
Visiting lecturer in Federal State Law
Lawyer / notary public
Trainee in Practice Teams "Processes and Procedures" and "Banking and Financial Market Legal Systems"
(Professor of Public Law with special emphasis on economic, environmental and tax law)
Areas of focus
- State and Local Law
- Construction and planning law as well as road traffic law
- Tax and contribution law
- Public personnel law and labour law
- Rental and property law
- Farmland ownership law and agricultural leasing law
- Criminal law / criminal procedure law
- Inheritance and estate planning including notary activities
- Corporate and commercial law including foundations and certifications
- Contract law
- President and Legal Counsel of the Home Owners' Association (HEV) Region Gossau
- Board member of HEV Canton St. Gallen
- Lieutenant Colonel in the Swiss Federal Army, Deputy Chief Auditor for Audit Region 2 (German-speaking Switzerland)
- Board member and secretary of the non-profit association "HEFT"
- Management of mandates for boards of Directors and managing directors of legal entities
- Swiss and St. Gallen Bar Association
- Department of Construction and Planning Law of the St. Gallen Bar Association
- Department of Criminal Law of the St. Gallen Bar Association
- Rotary Club Fürstenland
- Officer's Association of the city of St. Gallen
- Swiss Lawyers Association
- St. Gallen Lawyers Association
- HSG (Law) Alumni
- Moore Stephens